Welcome to Wednesday Windings!
I hope you’ll join us by linking up and sharing a project you’ve worked on lately. Any kind of project. And if you don’t have a blog, check out this post for some ideas to just share a picture.
This week I have some pictures of the new pink baby doll that I made the Ladybug after Christmas. It was certainly a learning experience.
I hand-stitched the face in, which turned out a little better than I expected. But sewing the face to the head was, well, “disaster” seems too tame a word. Wow! There has got to be a better way.
The little sleeper went pretty easy though. I used a Simplicity pattern which included a boy doll, girl doll, and several pieces of clothing. I do take issue with that name a little bit. I think the directions were a bit more “simple” than they needed to be. I think sewing the ears to the outside of the head deserved a little better explanation than “sew the ears to the outside of the head.” (That’s why this Pink Baby has waaaay more hair than the pattern calls for.)
But on the whole, the Ladybug is thrilled and I’m glad I did it. I actually want to try a couple more, to fix some of the mistakes I made. I’m thinking of trying a different rag doll pattern though. This body was pretty easy, but the face…ugh! Some of those Raggedy Ann heads/faces look much easier.
So, be sure to link up your post or picture over there on the left sidebar! You don’t have to write something special for today, just link up a recent project for us all to check out! And don’ t forget to stop by tomorrow for Thankful on a Thursday!